**IMPORTANT PATIENT NOTICE**
If you have travelled from China or have been in contact with someone confirmed as having Coronavirus in the last 2 weeks, you may be at risk of Coronavirus.
Please do NOT leave the house. Please do NOT travel to the medical centre. Instead ring 111 if:
*you have been in China in the last 14 days and develop cough, fever or shortness of breath; or
*you have been in Wuhan or Hubei Province in the last 14 days or have been in contact with someone confirmed as having Coronavirus, even if you feel well
**IMPORTANT PATIENT NOTICE**
Please note we are closed Monday – Friday between the times of 12noon – 1.30pm. Only emergency telephone calls may be dealt with during this time.
During September 2017 we will begin to use a text message reminder service for appointments. Could you please ensure we have your most up-to date mobile phone number. If you do not wish to receive texts from us please let one of our receptionists know.
Our Practice is highly patient focused and we have a multidisciplinary approach to patients’ health care. We aim to deliver the best for our patients by combining the skills of the practice team with other health and social care workers in the community.
We provide modern health care facilities and focus on continually improving the health of our patients and residents of the community.
This website is aimed at providing you the important information about our practice, our services and our staff in addition to some other useful information and tools available for you to use. Please have a look around and send us any comments or suggestions if you like. We can use your comments and ideas to improve our online services and develop the content of this site accordingly.
A ‘healthy lifestyle’ is what we recommend:
- Stop smoking
- Eat a balanced diet with plenty of fruit and veg
- Exercise regularly
- Keep alcohol intake within recommended limits
FAMILY AND FRIENDS TEST
Here at Herrington Medical Centre we are continually working to provide a high quality and effective healthcare service to our patients.
As part of the improvement process we are conducting a Family & Friends Test – this consists of 2 questions. You may be given one at the time of your appointment, or you can answer the questions by completing the form at Reception, or you can complete the Contact Form available on this website with your response. We welcome your feedback and comments.
The 2 questions are:
1. We would like you to think about your recent experience of our service. How likely are you to recommend our GP Practice to family and friends if they needed similar treatment? (please tick appropriate box)
|Neither likely nor unlikely|
2. Is there anything we could have done differently today?
URGENT CARE SERVICES IN SUNDERLAND ARE CHANGING……..
Patients in Sunderland will be able to access NHS urgent care services more simply and closer to home after 1st August 2019.
From 1st August 2019, the best way to access NHS urgent care services will be to contact your GP practice or local pharmacy, or call NHS111 when they are closed.
Urgent care is for minor injuries or illnesses which need medical attention the same day, but are not serious enough for the Emergency Department.
From 1st August 2019, these will be the main urgent care services for patients in Sunderland:
- GP Practices – collectively providing extra appointments in evenings, weekends and bank holidays. These can be booked through your GP practice, at one of five locations around Sunderland, Washington and Houghton.
- Pharmacists – local pharmacists are highly trained and provide free, confidential advice on minor illnesses from sickness and diarrhoea to hay fever.
- Urgent care centres at Pallion or Bunny Hill health centres, open 10am – 10pm Monday to Friday; 8am – 10pm weekends and bank holidays, no appointment needed.
- NHS111 0 if you have an urgent need which is not life-threatening, NHS111 health advisors are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help you get the right medical attention for your needs.
To find out more, please visit http://www.sunderlandccg.nhs.uk